Saturday, January 10, 2009

Officers and Ladies

Since buying my truck, I have been pulled over once a month. For stupid things... Last month it was mud flaps. You have to have mud flaps on a truck if it has over a
4" lift. Yesterday I got pulled over, and it went something like this...
Officer- Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me- No.
Officer- You failed to use your signal when changing lanes.
Me- Really?! I thought I did.
Officer- How fast do you think you were going?
Me- 43?
Officer- I need to see your drivers license, registration, and insurance.

I hand it all over, knowing full well that nothing matches on anything. Drivers license says that I am Rachael Omerza living on Billings St. Insurance says that I am Rachael Gillespie living on Exmoor. Registration says that I am Rachael Dunn living on Dragoon.
He goes back to his patrol car for a while to write me up my ticket. He comes back and it goes something like this...
Officer- How do you pronounce your last name?
Me- Which one?
Officer- Which one do you go by?
Me- Well, I would like to go by Gillespie. Those other two were just big mistakes.
Officer- Do you realize that you were in a constuction zone?
Me- Yes. But, there were no workers around.
Officer- Often there are workers here, and we like to keep them safe by not speeding.
Me- Well, that first husband was a construction worker, and I sure would like to run him over!
(He finally smiles.)
Officer- Do me a favor and slow it down. I gave you 3 citations. One for Speeding (7 over!) one for failure to use your signal, and one for having an incorrect address on file at the DMV. (for some reason he had the address on 110th place!!)

So, everything put together, I have to go all the way back out to Maricopa to take care of this ticket. UGHH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have been driving 19 years now and I have never had such a cool truck that I get pulled over! I WILL keep an eye out for the construction worker and try to swerve appropiately!
Dawn

The other sister said...

You know, as a public service, you could post the current work location of said construction worker, and appropriate swerving could be arranged.

Rachael Papes said...

Family is the best!