Monday, January 12, 2009

My Hero

As you may know, the puppies are getting to be about 5 weeks. They poop ALOT. So, we take them outside and play with them, and hope they poop in the grass instead of the kennel. Yesterday, we were BBQing ribs. I went into the house to grab something, puppies were in the grass, Dusty went outside, and I hear, "Uhh! Ohh!" and a splash. I go out just in time to see Dusty fully clothed getting out of the pool with a sopping wet puppy who is convulsing and contorting in very odd ways. Dusty says, while pulling off his shirt(try not to swoon ladies, I know, he's so sexy), "Do something for it." I rubbed it, and said, "I don't know what to do for it!" and he muttered something about me being in a panic and gave the poor thing mouth to mouth. It started breathing, and i wrapped it in a towel to dry it off and get it warm. The poor thing made horrible noises all night, and vomited for hours. I think that it's going to be okay though.
Thank you to Dusty, who now feels that I can't handle and emergency. On the contrary, I can handle human emergencies, I just don't know what to do for animals.
If any of you have an extra sprint phone, he lost his in the line of duty. Those cell phones never take to getting wet.

1 comment:

mikestribe said...

Seems like there is always some excitement lerking around the corner at your house. Glad everything turned out alright.