Thursday, August 6, 2009

Slide Rock



Last Saturday we took the kids up to slide rock. It was packed. The water was a bit chilly at first, but you got used to it. I had been there before, but never in the water. I loved it! The slides were faster and deeper than I anticipated.
We hiked up stream and picked wild blue berries.
Summer even took a little dive off the cliff jump. She looked so scared, but she did it. Crazy girl. She looks so tall and skinny jumping off the cliff.

Next time we will take a pick-nic. The kids had an awesome time exploring. If I had planned ahead a little better we could have stayed longer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there once, I'd like to go again.

mikestribe said...

I was there once in Oct. I was about 14? and me, Gary and my friend Dan got a quarter from a guy who wanted a video of someone going down slide rock. It was cold, about 33 degrees, and we bought 3 apples with the quarter.

Rachael Papes said...

That's pretty awesome. I bet you didn't even have any dry cloths on you... You are a crazy man.

mikestribe said...

I also went to slide rock last year for a fifth grade field trip it was so freezing almost nobody went down and right after i jumped off one of the cliffs it just started to pour so we had to go back to the school it was awesome! =)
Julia