Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Court

So, I headed out to Maricopa court today. I was not the only ridicules ticket in the room. There was also a man who got ticketed for accelerating to fast.( He was going 25 MPH when the officer pulled him over. In a 35) The judge asked him what he thought the proper fine would be since there was no fine in place and the man chose 150.00. Huh. I would have maybe hit him with 25.00. I got charged with everything and told that I was let off easy since they dismissed the fine for having the improper address on my drivers license. Even though I had that changed, I was let off easy. 380.00 later, I'm back here in Mesa. All of the speeding tickets in the room were for going over the speed limit less than 10 miles an hour. Way back when, I remember getting legitimate tickets. For really speeding. Criminal speed. Not these stupid tickets that make you think that the police are out to get you, not just to serve and protect. Bullshit.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

it's about revenue, rachael. the police department has to make money for the city. if they only fined the REAL criminals, they wouldn't make enough to justify keeping their jobs.

sorry they've wasted so much of your time!


miatibe

Diamond G said...

Real criminals are dangerous. Much safer and more profitable to go after people driving to and from work.



miatbe

Is that a Mai Tai or a MIkes A TrIBE?

shirtib