Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Its Christmas. Designers are cranky. They don't care if one of your sisters worked till 1:00 in the morning to table their drapes. (Thank you very much Cristal) They don't care that you worked Saturday and all Day Sunday with you other sister (Thank you Katt) While your children entertained themselves. They don't care if you got up at 3:30 in the morning to make sure the job was finished by 8:00 so you could go to your other job. The only thing that they care about is that their client decided they want their bedspread to be 2" longer, how can they pin it on you. "oh, yes!" they say to themselves, "I will call her and tell her that the bedspread was crap and that she has to remake it." So when they call me and say this. (Which I was quite surprised I thought that it looked really good) I tell them that we can remake it and I am sorry that she was disappointed. To which they follow up with, "Well, I am going to have to order new fabric" and I say, "You don't have to do that I can use what we already have." and they reply, "Oh no, they need it to be longer." and I say to myself, "Ahhh... It's not that the workmanship was bad, it's because the designer made a mistake and would very much like to pin it on me so that I will remake the whole thing for free." Not a word about the rest of the house that got installed, making sure to know that I would not be getting paid for any of the work that was done until the client was pleased with the bedspread. (which was not my fault.) No worries that I already paid my employees for the week and might be short for my own Christmas money. (I'm not. I have enough)

Merry Christmas to all the under appreciated employees who get to take on the cranky people.

3 comments:

The other sister said...

I believe in Karma. You know you did a great job - you have wonderful employees who are treated well - the designer messed up and wants to blame someone else. It will come back to bite them, some way some how. And please blog about it when it does so we can all read it and go, "neener neener neener"

deplarp: what the bluebird of happiness will drop on the designer's head.

Cristal said...

you're so awesome! for reals! you care about everyone and do all you can for them. I love you

Anonymous said...

you are wonderful! Of course it wouldn't be your fault, why can't people just take the blame for their own mistakes! Always need to blame someone else. I lOVE LOVE LOVE my stuff!