Friday, December 12, 2008

Puppies are Here!


Beans finally had her Puppies last Sunday. Poor thing had a good 12 hours of doggie labor. She came up with 11 puppies, one died at birth, and two died the next day. So, that leaves 8. (Less babies then my mom had!) 2 girls, and 6 boys. All the kids were here that day, and Summer said to me after the first puppy came out, "Mom, did you have to eat my placenta?" I told her no. Then she asked if her "identical" cord was attached to her belly button like the puppies. It's amazing the way kids minds work. I'm thinking I wouldn't have any babies if I had to eat a placenta.
Anyone in the neighborhood that wants to check them out is more than welcome to stop by. Call first though, I tend to not sit at the house much...

4 comments:

Brenda said...

i think eating the placenta would be a seriously effective form of birth control. how many of those puppies are you keeping?

Rachael Papes said...

None. All for sell. Want one?

Brenda said...

Nope! But thanks for asking.

Rachael Papes said...

We are selling a pair or Sugar Gliders if you more interested in those.