Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Time

Sunday night we carved our pumpkins. The kids did thiers all on thier own. I, being the model parent that I am, gave them regular old steak knives. They got the eyes, nose and mouths, (oh, and Gracie even added ears!) without incident. Those are some good kids.
Saturday night, we took the kids to the Arizona scream park. 4 haunted houses. The first one that we went in, all three kids cried for about five minutes. By the third, Summer was dragging me through saying, "Come on mommy, don't be scared!" I'm not a big fan of walking around in the dark with creepy looking dudes hanging out in the corners. At one point, a man wearing a black cloak and white mask came out of one door way. Summer just gasped and said, "Oh my WORD!" The ghoul started laughing. I guess he didn't hear "Oh my word!" from many people that night.
Give me a call if you ever need any parenting advice!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

nice job on the pumpkins! of course, blood dripping from the eyes and mouth would give them a more authentic look. maybe a butcher knife next time? or a chain saw?

where's your pumpkin?

Rachael Papes said...

i over saw the pumpkin carving while makeing sweet pumpkin seeds. I think that we will go for the blood next time. I will mention that to Shawn. He will love it!

The other sister said...

Oh my WORD? Who teaches their kids to say that? If they need some words that will land them in time out, my kids could teach them!!

Rachael Papes said...

I don't know where she got "Oh my word" from. It's not something I say.... But, it is cute. She is a good girl and doesn't like the taste of soap. Even when she is scared.

Anonymous said...

cute pumpkins! oh my goodness is the phase of choice at our house. and if sienna ever hears anyone take the lords name in vain she is quick to remind us that "we" say oh my goodness. so funny the things they pick up on!!